The University of Oxford, UK in collaboration with the Africa Oxford Initiative calls for application into the Senior AfOx Visiting Fellowship.
The Senior AfOx Visiting Fellowships build on the success of the on-going AfOx Visiting Fellowship Programme. The Senior Fellowships enable sustained engagement including during term time, allowing Fellows to share their expertise broadly across Oxford as well as build broad long-term collaborations with Oxford researchers.
The Senior Fellowships will be aimed at well established, mid to late career African academics and researchers who demonstrate the ability for novel thinking and advancing the frontiers of academic thought as well as strong leadership in contributing towards significant research capacity building in Africa.
The proposed research for the fellowship focuses on the making an intellectual contribution in addressing one or more Sustainable Development Goal.
Sponsoring University: University of Oxford, UK
Level/Field of Study: Masters and PhD
Eligible Country: All International Students
More scholarship posts:
- Fellowship Programme at Vrije Universiteit in Netherlands
- Dornsife International Research Fellowship in the USA
- MBA Scholarships At University College Dublin, Ireland
Benefits of the AfOx Visiting Fellowships
The scheme will award five senior fellowship for a period of 6-9 months from July 202 to June 2021. The fellowships will cover one economy return ticket, an en-suite study bedroom for accommodation and a modest stipend for incidental expenses.
The Fellowships are open to applicants from all academic disciplines working on areas that contribute to SDGs. Non-academic professional involved in Research for Development will also be considered
- The applicant must be a national and a resident of an African country, working in an African higher education, research or policy institution
- The applicant must demonstrate extensive engagement with research and development in Africa as well as the value added by the fellowship to their home institutions
- Applications from female and underrepresented researchers are highly encouraged.
- Previous AfOx Visiting Fellows are not eligible
- Students (including undergraduate, Master’s and PhD students) as well as recent graduates are not eligible for the scheme
All interested student are required to make their application via the university website. You are required to upload a recent curriculum vitae of not more than two pages and academic references.
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2020.
To learn more about the fellowship programme visit the official website – Senior AfOx Visiting Fellowships.