The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to graduates and doctoral international students from outside Germany, African students inclusive.
Sponsoring Organisation: Heinrich Böll Foundation
Level/Field of Study: Masters and PhD degree programme in any course offered by any state-recognised university in Germany.
Eligible Countries: Students from countries outside Germany
The scholarship’s value varies for students depending on region and level Degree.
For Non-EU Masters students, the scholarship worth €850 per month plus various individual allowances with tuition fees. While for EU Masters students, it worths €649 plus €300 book money per month with tuition fees not inclusive.
For Non-EU PhD students, the scholarship worth €1,200 per month plus €100 mobility allowance per month plus various individual allowances with tuition fees not inclusive. While for EU PhD students, it worths €1,350 per month plus €100 per month research costs allowance with tuition fees not inclusive.
For Masters Students
- Applicant may apply before commencing Masters programme or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Masters programme.
- Must provide a proof of first professional qualification.
For PhD Students
- The applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognised university in Germany.
- By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
- PhD subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority
- Gather information on the application process and the requested documents via the foundation website
- Register for the online application portal
- Provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
- After uploading all of your documents, submit your application before the end of the application deadline
Application Deadline: The online application portal closes on 1 March, 2020.
To learn more about the scholarship visit official scholarship website – Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships in Germany.