The University of British Columbia, Canada offers the Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Programme to international students for Graduate and Postdoctoral studies. The scholarship is part of the university’s ongoing commitment to innovation and research in the field Pure or Applied Sciences.
Level/Field of Studies: Masters and Doctoral Programme in the Pure or Applied Sciences. The following fields are available for the research studies:
- Aluminum metallurgy
- Analytical technologies
- Modeling and control systems
- Data Science
More scholarship posts:
- The Glenmore Medical Online Postgraduate Scholarship in UK
- Engineering International Masters Scholarship in UK
- LSE Master’s Scholarship in UK
Benefits of the Graduate Scholarship Programme
The Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship worth a sum of $18,000 offered to the qualified graduate students.
To be eligible, applicant must
- Be enrolled or accepted in a first year Masters or first or second year Doctoral studies in 2019-2020 academic year.
- Must have a good academic record as scholarship is awarded on merit basis.
The first step toward the application for the scholarship is to apply for an admission for a full-time study program for a graduate degree. When offered an admission, candidate will proceed forth to the scholarship application.
Note the following criteria will be used by the committee to decide the scholarship recipients:
- Academic document including distinctions
- Publications (depending of the level of advancement)
- Work experience / Leadership / Social implication
- Quality of the reference letters
- Relevance of the topic for the Aluminium industry
For more information on the scholarship visit the official scholarship webpage >>> Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship Programme in Canada.