The Scotland’s Satire Scholarships is a programme of scholarship given by the Scottish Government in collaboration with the Universities in Scotland. The scholarships is targeted for students in areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Sponsoring Organization: Scottish Government
Eligible Country: The scholarships are targeted to students from Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA.
Level of Study: Master Degree Programme
Field of Study:
- Creative industries
- Healthcare and medical sciences
- Renewable and clean energy
Number of Scholarships: 50 awards are available.
Benefits of the Saltire Scholarships
Each scholarship worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
A Satire Scholar is required to,
- Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at which they study.
- Actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events. Scholars will participate in a welcome reception and an end of year conference. (Scholars may be excused from attending in the event of exceptional circumstances).
- Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish
higher education, based on their own experience. This might include:
- Posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
- Being available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- Agreeing that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- In accordance with relevant data protection legislation, give consent to the use of their contact data in order to receive information on the Saltire programme both during their studies and after graduation.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicant must,
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 1 June 2020.
How to Apply
Application for Satire Scholarship is to be applied by a candidate after receiving an offer of admission from any Scottish University on an eligible course. This is to be done after filling and submitting an application form by 31st July, 2020.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2020.
For more information on the scholarship visit official scholarship website – Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships.