The Government of Canada offers international students (Africans inclusive) scholarship and fellowship or grants to undergo either Undergraduate or Postgraduate studies at any Canadian Institute. The scholarship aims to provide financial support to students outside of Canada through funding of their tuition fee, accomodation cost and student upkeep.
The scholarship is funded through a cojoined efforts of Government of Canada and organizations – Foundation, Corporates and Trusts as well as through funding of university-based scholarships.
Level of Study: Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree Programmes
Course of Study: Any eligible course offered.
Countries: All international students including African Students.
Duration: The scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program.
Application Deadline: 30th October, 2020.
- Government Of Canada Bachelors scholarships (also known as Government Of Canada undergraduate scholarships)
- Government Of Canada Masters scholarships
- Government Of Canada PhD scholarships
Benefits of the Scholarship
The Government of Canada Scholarship is based on each applicant’s academic performance and their previous studies. The total possible value range from $8,000-$20,000 (undergraduate students) and $5,000-$15,000 (graduate students).
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Student Visa.
All interested students applying for Government of Canada Scholarships are required to fill the the Scholarship Application Form through the scholarship official website provided. The link to the website is provided here for easy access.
Official Scholarship Website: Government of Canada Scholarships For African Students.