The Al qasima Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants encourages scholars from a different range of fields and professional areas to undertake research toward informing policymaking in the United Arab Emirates. The Grants are open to PhD students from all nationalities studying at an accredited university in the United Arab Emirates or abroad.
Doctoral Research Grants financially support PhD candidates in the research phase of their dissertations. Currently, two awards are available each year for applied research projects that have Ras Al Khaimah as a primary site for data gathering and analysis.
Level/Field of Study: PhD/Research Programme
More scholarship post:
- Dean’s Merit Awards at University of Nevada, Reno in USA
- Frank Keenan Scholarship Australia
- Senior AfOx Visiting Fellowships
Benefits of the PhD Research Grants
The Research Grant covers the following:
- All student expenses associated with their field research in the United Arab Emirates, including return airfares, furnished accommodation for up to 12 months.
- Provision of a stipend to cover living costs, and research support.
- Applicant must be a current PhD student at an accredited university in good academic standing.
- Applicant must have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 85 or IELTS score of 6.5 if English is a secondary language.
- Applicant must have all PhD coursework completed and be ready to conduct the field research component of his/her dissertation.
- Applicant must have a research proposal that is approved (or is in the process of being approved) by the applicant’s advisor and graduate program. The approved proposal should include a literature review and significant detail on research methodology.
- The proposed research must have Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval from the applicant’s home institution.
- The proposed research must focus on the United Arab Emirates, and specifically the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. If the research proposal includes other locations, Ras Al Khaimah must be a significant focus for data gathering and analysis.
- Proposed research must address an education, public policy, or closely related social science issue or question. Relevant topics (dependent on research question) may include areas such as education, urban planning/development, public health, economic development, food access, and energy or environmental policy.
How to Apply
Prospective applicants are required create an account in the Foundation’s grant management portal and then follow the Doctoral Research Grants application instructions.
Application Deadline: 1st April, 2020.
To learn more about the grant visit the official scholarship website – Al Qasimi Foundation’s PhD Research Grants, 2020.