British Chevening Scholarships are UK Government’s global scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) together with other partnering organization. The scholarships is about 1500 in number, offered globally.
They are awarded to academically high performing students with great potential in leadership, from around the world to study for a master’s degree in any course of choice offered at any UK university.
Level/Field of Study: Master’s Degree Programme
Who are to Apply? The scholarships are only offered to students from Chevening-eligible countries. Please visit the scholarship’s website to view the list of Chevening-eligible countries.
Benefits of British Chevening Scholarships
A Chevening Scholarship covers university tuition fees, provides a monthly living allowance, offers an economy class return airfare to the UK, and with other additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
For your interest see:
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2021.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2021 either by taking an English language test or claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
How to Apply
All interested students who wishes to apply for any of the Chevening scholarships are to do that through the Chevening Online Application Portal, with its website link provided below.
Application Deadline: 5 November 2020 by 12:00 GMT.
For more information and application visit – British Chevening Scholarships for International Students.