University of St Andrews, UK is offering the Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) to international students applying for master degree programme in UK. The award is for the 2020 -2021 academic session targeted to students who demonstrates academic and professional excellence with a zealous interest in leading positive social change in their communities.
Level/Field of Study: Masters degree programme in any course offered at the university.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
Scholarship Duration: 1 year
More scholarship posts:
- University of Winchester International Scholarships
- The Oxford-Arlan Hamilton & Earline Butler Sims Scholarship
- John J. Sweeney Scholarship in UK
The scholarship covers the following:
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses;
- Program-related travel;
- Accident and sickness insurance during the program;
- Funds for educational materials and professional development;
- Attendance at a regional grantee conference;
- Pre-academic preparation via summer schools
- Be a citizen of an eligible country.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential.
- Have a bachelor’s degree awarded before 15 May 2019 and an excellent academic record.
- Demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German or French) at a level required for admission by host universities.
- Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2020 and start their degree program in August or September 2020.
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country.
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development.
How to Apply
Before applying for this scholarship, eligible applicants are to be given an admission for an offer of a master degree programme in the selected courses. You to enquire for these course via the Postgraduate Taught Programmes webpage. Only applicants with an offer of admission will be considered for the scholarship.
Note the following documents are needed:
- CV/résumé. This should include your personal details with a history of your education and employment to date.
- A sample of academic written work in English
- Two original signed academic references.
- Academic transcripts and degree certificates. Please only upload certified copies with official English translations if applicable. Do not send original documents as they cannot be returned.
- English language requirements certificate.
- Covering letter
- All applications submitted to the School of International Relations should include a brief personal statement of approximately 500 words stating why you wish to study at the University of St Andrews and your reasons for selecting the programme.
Application Deadline: Not stated
To learn more about the scholarhip visit the official scholarship website >>> Civil Society Leadership Awards in UK.