The DAAD Graduate Scholarship at Busitema University, Uganda for students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The aim of the programme is to foster strong and internationally oriented higher education system in the aforementioned region. It will also aid in contributing to sustainable development within the region and Africa at large.
Sponsoring Organisation: DAAD – Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (German Academic Exchange Service)
Level/Field of Study: Postgraduate degree programme – Master and PhD in selected field of study. These fields are – studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development, teaching and research programme and Master in Public Health.
Eligible Country: Students from Sub-Saharan Africa
More scholarships posts:
- Elizabeth Greenshield Foundation Grant in Canada
- Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
- Senior AfOx Visiting Fellowships
Benefit of the DAAD Graduate Scholarship
The scholarship is fully funded with coverage on the following – tuition fees, study and research allowance of the sum 460 EUR annually, accommodation and feeding (Master-in-Country: 240 EUR and Master-in-Region: 380 EUR) , travel allowance and health insurance.
Applicant must meet the following criteria for consideration for the scholarship:
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree
(Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper Division
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African
- should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme
Applicants are to follow these steps for the scholarship application:
- Applicants must apply for their studies at Busitema University via the University Portal.
- Once you submit your application to Busitema University, please send a short notification to DAAD that you have applied with the subject “Your Surname_First name_BUSITEMA” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Busitema University will screen and check the completeness of the dossier. A plagiarism scan will be done by the institution or DAAD. Therefore make sure you structure your application by your hand
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal).
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen
form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of
publications (if applicable).
- 1 recommendation letter by university teacher.
- Letter of admission for the host university / institution / network.
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research
stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”).
- Copy of the identity card.
- If available, information on the recognition of the university degree
certificates in the host country.
- If applicable, information on the UNHCR registration as refugee
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2020.
To learn more about the scholarship and to kick start the application visit official website >>> DAAD Graduate Scholarship at Busitema University.