Erasmus Mundus Scholarships are offered by the European Union for study in various Universities in Europe. It offers opportunity for students from developing countries, providing them with quality skills in their various fields of study. One of the courses been offered is Master in Quality Analytical Laboratories.
Quality in Analytical Laboratories is aimed at students/laboratory managers/scientists who wishes to develop quality laboratory techniques involved in implementation of quality management system in analytical laboratories.
The master is offered by a Consortium of five European universities and three non-EU universities:
- University of Barcelona (Spain, ES) – coordinator
- University of Algarve (Portugal, PT)
- University of Bergen (Norway, NO)
- University of Cadiz (Spain, ES)Gdansk
- University of Technology (Poland, PL)
- Central South University (China)
- Novosibirsk National Research State University (Russian Federation)
- University of Sao Paulo (Brazil)
About The Programme: The programme has a duration of 2 years which is made up of 1 year(60 ECTS) taught courses and a 1 year Project and Thesis(60 ECTS) . The courses are taught in English Language and each university offers an intensive language school prior to the start of the programme. Classes takes place in the Host Institution for the first year and are lectured by specialists from the partner institutions. This Host university rotates among the European partners of the consortium.
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Strong Academic Background in appropriate disciplines
- Must speak English fluently as well as write it proficiently enough to take majority module such as:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language, TOEFL scores paper 575 / computer 232
- Internet based TOEFL (TOEFL iBT™ ) total score 94
- International English Language Testing System, IELTS scores 6.5
- General Certificate of Education, GCSE, AS Level, A Level
- Cambridge Proficiency Certificate, CPE, Level 4-5
- Oxford Higher Certificate, International Certificate Conference (ICC Stage 3 Technical)
In case the candidate cannot present an official test of English language in time for the deadline for applications, he/she may take the self-test included in the online application. A minimum classification of B2 is required in all fields. Also, In case of selection, candidates who only took the self-test will be interviewed. The interview will have the objective of confirming the self-test of English proficiency presented in the application. In case the interview shows the proficiency is below what was stated in the application, the application will be cancelled.
Expenses Covered by the Scholarship:
A monthly allowance of 1000 Euro is given for the entire duration of the programme. Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to the scholarship holders for the study/research/placement/thesis preparation periods spent in their country of residence.
For more information and application process see: Master Scholarships in Quality in Analytical Laboratories Website