International Joint MSc programme: The Joint MSc Programme is accepting application from all international students for Master of Science further education funding. Joint Master’s is part of a selected group of international postgraduate programmes that benefits from the EPOS funding scheme offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The programme is annual and offers a certain number of fully-funded scholarship to students from developing countries. Students wishing to be considered for these scholarships need to apply for the programme as well by submitting a separate application pack.
Level/Field of Study: Master degree programme in the selected and eligible courses for the scholarship. See list of eligible courses.
Eligible Countries: All Students from “Developing Countries”. See list of these countries see DAAD List of Developing Countries.
More posts from the author:
- METU Scholarships for International Students in Turkey
- Justin Arbuthnott PhD Scholarship for International Students
- University of Sydney International Scholarships in Australia, 2020
Benefits of Joint MSc programme
The scholarships are fully funded, with wide exposure in the selected field of study.
Eligible candidates should fulfill the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s programme:
- Being a candidate from an eligible Developing Country (check the list on DAAD website);
- Having at least 2 years of work experience after the Bachelor’s and before applying for Epos programme (i.e. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector);
- Having graduated from their Bachelor not more than 5 years ago;
- Having completed no other Master in a similar field of studies;
- Wishing to apply the post-Master knowledge in career as practitioner (not in an academic area/PHD) further contributing to development;
- Being ready to fully commit to start with the Joint Master Programme once accepted by Joint Master’s selection committee and for funding through Epos
Applicants must possess a first, higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in Geography or a related/comparable professionally certified study programme. Out of all higher education qualifications earned (Bachelor’s, Master’s, additional academic coursework, etc.) the majority of the attended courses (reflected in your transcripts) must be related to the three following areas:
- Human Geography and Social Sciences with a focus on spatial patterns, society, development;
- Science methodology and empirical research methods;
- Physical Geography, Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a focus on Earth System Science.
Also, applicants should be highly motivated to learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
A non-native English speaking applicants must prove proficiency in the English language.
To learn more about this scholarship visit official website – International Joint MSc programme in Germany.