The University of Manitoba, Canada is providing for International Undergraduate Student Bursary for international students with good academic record and who lack fund for their studies at the university.
Level/Field of Study: Bachelors Degree Programme in any course of study.
Eligible Country: Students from all countries are eligible to apply.
More scholarship posts:
- Griffith Remarkable Scholarship in Australia
- UNSW International Scholarships Study in Australia
- American University Online Scholarships Programme
Benefits of the Scholarship
The scholarship value amounts to $240,000 provided annually and to be divided among eligible candidates.
- All students must complete courses in both the fall and winter terms to be eligible.
- In most cases, students must register for and complete at least 60 percent of a full course-load per term (i.e., a minimum of 9 credit hours per term). Graduate students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums provided they are registered as full-time students over the fall and winter terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Students must meet minimum G.P.A. requirements. Continuing students must have a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0. New students (from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher. Students admitted on Mature Student Status may also be eligible for bursary consideration.
- Financial need must be clearly documented on the application. Students who have applied for government students loans from other provinces must provide a copy of a current official government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need. Please note Manitoba Student Aid recipients do not need to submit a copy of their Notice of Assessment.
- International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary program.
Only eligible students are to apply for the scholarship. However, applicant is required to be offered an admission by the university. Only those with an offer of admission are automatically considered for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: The University of Manitoba General Bursary Application is available from the beginning of August every year until 1 October.
Official scholarship website: International Undergraduate Student Bursary in Canada.