The Government of New Zealand offers a full tertiary scholarships for qualified international students to study for a fulltime degree at a New Zealand education institute or Pacific University.
Sponsoring University: Selected New Zealand Universities and Institutes of Technology.
Level/Field of Study: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degrees in any selected fields of study that are most relevant to the development needs of your country in the following areas renewable energy, agriculture development, disaster risk management, private sector development, public sector development. View list of all the available course for the scholarship.
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are available only to citizens of selected countries in the Pacific, Africa, Asia, Latin America, Carribbean as well as Commonwealth countries. View list of eligible countries.
More scholarship posts:
- 2020 List of Popular Scholarships Abroad
- United Nations University Fellowship in Netherlands
- Nexford University Global Leaders Scholarship
The scholarships cover the following:
- tuition fees,
- a living allowance (NZ$491 per week), an establishment allowance (NZ$3000),
- medical insurance when you are in New Zealand,
- travel to and from your own country and New Zealand at the start and end of your scholarship,
- travel insurance,
- travel home during your scholarship (one or two trips home are allowed, depending on the length of your scholarship),
- provide with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate students.
Age: To apply for a full New Zealand Scholarship, you must be 18 years old or older when you start your scholarship. There is no upper age limit for applicants. This means if you are 18 and over, you can apply. However, applicants who are under 40 years of age are preferred for New Zealand Scholarships for university or tertiary students.
Student Visa Requirements: The offer of these scholarships is advantageous to students who meet the visa requirements. It is advised that you check the student visa requirements on the relevant immigration website. This is because you can only study abroad on scholarship, if you successfully get a student visa.
Find out if you meet the student visa requirement – Student visa requirements.
Academic and English Requirement: Applicants must meet both the academic entry requirements and the English language requirements determined by each education institution. You do not need to sit an English language test or provide English language test scores when you apply for a New Zealand Scholarship. However, If you are selected for the applicant short list during our scholarship selection process, then you will need to provide your English language test scores. The following English Test systems are accepted:
- IELTS (the International English Language Testing System) OR
- TOEFL (the Test of English as a Foreign Language) OR
- PTE Academic (the Pearson Test of English Academic) OR
- Cambridge Academic English (advanced).
Work Experience Requirement: Postgraduate scholarship applicants or applicants, who finished high school a few years ago, must have relevant work experience.
How to Apply
The application for the New Zealand Scholarship differs from each selected countries or region. Students who are from the selected countries or region can view its application procedure via the official scholarship website – New Zealand Scholarships for International Students from Developing Countries.
Application Deadline: Also differs ffrom each countries. But the general closing date hangs around 27th March, 2020.