The Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers offers scholarship to all foreign citizen from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies. The scholarship programme is for the 2020 – 2021 academic year, aimed toward funding of the education of foreign students for studies in any university in the country.
Sponsor: Government of Romania
Level/Field of Study: Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree programme. View the universities availabe for study under the scholarship.
Eligible Country: International Students
The scholarship worth a range sum of between €200 and a maximum of €720. This covers the following:
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered freeof-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing:
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle.
- Be a foreign citizen from countries not member of the European Union
- Have a pre-qualification for the study level they are applying for
- Meet other conditions for applying to the scholarships, as may differ depending on applicant’s country.
Interested candidates are required to get all the necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files. applicants are to apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin, or of residence, or to
- the diplomatic mission of the candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
Applications files should contain documents in the English or French languages. If the application files contain documents in foreign languages other than English or French, they must be accompanied by authorized translations in one of the following languages: Romanian, English or French. Generally, Romanian universities may require that all enrolment documents should be accompanied by authorized copies and authorized translations in Romanian.
Application Deadline: 26th June, 2020.
To learn more about the scholarship visit the official website – Romanian State Scholarships to Foreign Students.