Annually, the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
The Swiss Government Scholarships aids in promoting young academically excellent students who have obtained masters or PhD degree into research program. Also, the scholarship target bachelor degree students in art for Masters degree program.
Categories of the Scholarships: Research Program and Masters in Art
Eligibility for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students
The FCS assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
For your interest see:
- Gate Cambridge Scholarships for International Students, 2020
- Hong Kong Scholarships for International Students
How To Apply
The following steps are followed for the application into Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students:
- The Release of Program to 180 + countries: Applicants are to visit this portal for the required information of countries’ program release.
- Call for Proposal: This requires getting the application package from the Swiss representation.
- Meeting up with the submission deadline at the Swiss representation. This date varies for countries.
- Selection by the Federal Commission for Scholarships (FCS).
- Start of Application at the Swiss academic host institution.
General Deadline: The FCS will select scholarship holders for the 2020-21 academic year by the end of May 2020. Scholarships for the 2021-22 academic year will be advertised online from August 2020.
For more information visit Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for International Students.