The Bill Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a awarded to outstanding students with great leadership potential who are from low-income-household. The scholarship is awarded annually to up to 300 students with the aim of helping them realize their full potential.
Hosting Organization: Bill Gates Foundation
Level of Study: Undegraduate Degree Programme
More scholarships post:
- International Undergraduate Student Bursary in Canada
- Griffith Remarkable Scholarship in Australia
- University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
Benefits of the Scholarships
The scholarship covers the following: Cost of attendance which includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
To apply, students must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Must show the following qualities:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
There is no special application for the scholarship. All application are to be carried out via online on the official scholarship website.
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2020.
Official Scholarship Website: The Gates Scholarship Programme.