The University of Sydney, Australia calls candidates who are interested to undertake a Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program at the University to apply for the University of Sydney International Research Scholarship.
The aim of the Scholarships is to bring top quality international postgraduate students who are to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities.
Level/Fields of Study: Postgraduate Research Degree or Master’s by Research program in all research disciplines (but would depend on Faculty)
Number of Scholarships: The Scholarships are of various types – General Scholarships and Faculty Scholarships and others.
Eligible Countries: All International Students
Author’s Recommended Posts:
- University of Alabama Scholarships in USA, 2020
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships at University of British Columbia, 2020
Benefits of the Scholarships
The scholarships will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
Interested candidates must,
- Be an international student commencing full time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
- Not previously have received an RTP Fee Scholarship, unless the previous scholarship was for a Master by Research degree that you have completed and you are now applying for a doctorate research degree.
- Not have previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times within the last 5 years.
There is no separate scholarship application form. To be qualified for the scholarship you must submit an application for admission to your research degree.
Scholarship applications are welcome through out the year but only available for both the March (Research Period 2) and July (Research Period 3).
Application Deadline: Varies for each type of scholarships.
For more information on this scholarships please visit University of Sydney International Scholarships.