VLIRUOS award scholarships to students and professionals from a number of countries to study in Flanders. They also gives travel grant to Flemish/European students to do fieldwork/internships in one of the 31 scholarship countries in Africa, Asia or Latin America.
The scholarships is awarded to applicants from 31 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. These award is focused on either participation in a selected training or for master’s programme taught in English at a Flemish University or university college.
VLIRUOS Award is of two types – Scholarships for training(ITP) and Scholarships for Master Programmes(ICP).
Scholarships for Master Programmes(ICP)
International master programmes (ICPs) are accredited (advanced or initial) master programmes (EQF 7) consisting of 2 or 4 semesters (60 or 120 ECTS respectively) on a subject that is relevant to or specific for development. VLIRUOS supports a selection of 15 ICPs and provide 12 scholarships per ICP programme.
University: Flander University, Belgium
Level/Field of Study: Master’s degree programme in the selected courses for study. See list of selected courses for the scholarships.
Eligible Countries: The scholarships is award to students from 31 selected countries. They as follows:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
More posts from the author:
- Murray State University Scholarships, USA
- Energy Industries International Excellence Scholarship
- Excellence Scholarships at UNT, USA
Benefits of VLIRUOS Masters Scholarships
VLIRUOS provides scholarships for the full duration of the master programme. These cover allowance, accommodation, insurance, international travel and tuition fee.
You can only apply for a scholarship if you meet the following requirements:
- Nationality and country of residence: A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the 31 eligible countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of the application.
- Age: The maximum age for a master programme candidate is 35 for an initial master and 40 for an advanced master. The candidate cannot exceed this age on the first of January of the intake year.
- Professional background and experience: Priority is given to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy or NGOs, or who aim at a career in one of these sectors. However, master candidates employed in the profit sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience can be eligible for the scholarship as well, depending on their motivation and profile.
Having checked and met the country’s and general eligibility criteria, with an interest in a specific course, visit the university website and apply for both admission to the programme as well as for the scholarship itself. When you apply for the programme, be sure to mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship.
Selected applicants will be contacted by e-mail by mid-June at the latest.
Application Deadline: 1st March, 2020.
To learn more about the scholarships visit official website >>> VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarships in Belgium.