Yale Young African Scholars Program (YYAS) is a program designed for the African secondary school students about to undergo tertiary education. It aims at developing students with strong desire to make a positive impact on Africa socioeconomic affairs. It is also works on creating young leaders with strong will to serve Africa.
About Yale Young African Scholars Program
The Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) Program was conceived in 2013 by a group of African undergraduate and graduate students at Yale University. Their goal was to share their knowledge and experience of studying in the U.S. with some of the continent’s most talented secondary school students, and to help them prepare for the demanding university application process.
The mission of YYAS is to expose Africa’s brightest young leaders to various opportunities for pursuing tertiary education, and to equip them with the skills to serve their communities and the world. In line with Yale’s mission of educational accessibility, YYAS is free for all students.
Hosting University: Yale University, UK.
Level of Study: Undergraduate Degree Program.
Who are to apply? All African students preparing for tertiary education.
- You must be at least 14 years old by application deadline (12 February 2020) in order to be considered.
- You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. YYAS will also accept applications from refugees living in an African country.
- You must currently attend school in an African country.
- If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest May/June 2021. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2020. Students who will graduate secondary school before August 2020 are NOT eligible to apply.
How to apply
The application for Yale Young African Scholars Program is done via online through the Yale University portal/Program portal. The following will be required during the application :
- Completed application form
- Official transcript or grade report(s)
- One (1) teacher recommendation
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
For more information visit Yale Young African Scholars Program.