The Africa Development Bank Group (ADBG) call on application for the Young Professional Program (YPP). The program is designed for the young graduate with desire and commitment to engage in crucial issues in Africa’s development, and be able to make a difference and become part of something bigger through exploring their leadership potential.
The Program Focus
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three year leadership opportunity for the development of Bank’s future leaders. We attract highly qualified and motivated professionals from our member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development. Through the YPP, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
Author’s Recommended Posts:
Benefits of the Young Professionals Program
- The Young Professionals Program spans 36 months and offers you a platform to build an exceptional and fulfilling career in the Bank.
- The learning will immerse you into different functional areas of the Bank where you will have hands-on experience in projects and various work assignments.
- The program that majority of your learning and development is experiential as you continue to be supported by coaches, mentors and colleagues.
To be part of this program you must:
- Be a citizen of a member country of the Bank.
- Be 32 years of age or younger by 1st May 2020.
- Possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank, with outstanding academic credentials.
- Have at least 3 years work experience in the areas related to the high priority areas (Hi-5s) as mentioned above.
- Interested candidates with coding, e-development, animation and platforms designs and maintenance are required this year.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience on the African continent and/or in other continent’s developing countries is a necessary requirement.
- Have passion for Africa’s Development
- Able to leverage knowledge, share and coach others. Work effectively in teams with displayed high adaptability to a diverse environment.
- Strong analytical skills, an entrepreneurial drive, results- orientation and problem-solving capability.
- High business acumen and innovative mindset.
- Be proficient in the Bank’s working languages, either English and/or French.
- Have skills that enable you work in a digital environment and embrace technology as it evolves.
- Be willing to live in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire the Bank’s Headquarters, and any other country in Africa where the Bank may require your services.
How To Apply?
The application for this program is online. Applicants with dual nationality are advised that the Bank recognizes only one nationality from a member country; as such, kindly indicate the nationality you wish to declare.
Successful candidates from the selection process will be appointed YPs under their declared nationalities for the duration of the Program and any continuing contract with the Bank.
Application Deadline: 13th November, 2019.
For more information on the program visit Young Professionals Program (YPP).